Bryce - Peyton - Logan - Chase

Bathing Boys taking a bath after a hard day of playing on the farm. (Bryce & Logan are Stephanie's, the boys' first cousins).

Visitors Since March 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008

Posts From Old Site

Since there weren't many, I decided to copy the posts from the old site to here...

High Five.
2/9/08

Yesterday was a very busy day...Chase and I took Peyton to meet our new pediatrician (Dr. Lockard) because his thrush was not getting much better. She was very nice and has not been out of med school for very long (I'm guessing she's about 34) which is great because I don't want a doctor to retire before we're "done" with them. She was great with the boys...and said that Peyton definitely has thrush and it's in his throat too. So, after a quick visit with Daddy at work, the grocery, and the pharmacy, Mommy started on a sterilizing frenzy. I put both the boys down for a nap and put some toys in the dishwasher, others in the tub in a "clorox bath," and the rest went in the washing machine. It was kind of funny because none of the toys were dry when they woke from their naps...when the went over to the toy box, looked in and saw nothing there, they both turned and looked at me with their mouths hanging wide open - yep, boys, you've been robbed. When Daddy got home he took us all out for pizza at Aurelio's...there were a lot of college kids eating there which was entertaining. Chase was saying "hi" and "bye" to everyone...on the way out of the restaurant a couple of college boys were walking by and Chase had his hand up in the air...and he got a high-five and what's up little man! He loved it...he grinned great big and told him bye, bye. We wrapped up the night with Disney's "Chicken Little."

Having a crappy day (literally).
2/6/08

Okay...so Peyton's thrush is not gone and I called back home for a new prescription...they said they'd call it in and I had to wait in the van, in the parking lot for 45 minutes while the pharmacist got to it...only to find out that it was an over-the-counter which I had already tried and is not working. I then called back to the Dr. in Indiana and left a message and drove back home, got the boys inside and that's when I smelled it, then saw it. Yep. Rascal pooped on the carpet, then stepped in it and left tracks all over the front room and a couple of the stairs. I had a complete break down and I am not afraid to admit that I still want to cry. So, now you know what the next few days entail for me...I will be trying to get the poop out of the carpet in addition to changing poopy diapers.

The Crossing.
2/4/08

Sunday, we went to church at The Crossing. It's a church located just 2 miles from our house. We enjoyed it...and so did the boys. They really liked playing there. It's very similar to Antioch in Washington, but not as big. You can check out their website if you're interested. It's www.thecrossing3d.com. Their service doesn't start until 10:45 so we didn't get home until 12:20...but it worked out just fine. Of course we watched the Super Bowl last night...Yeah, Giants! We're not really Giants fans, but were very glad that the Patriots didn't win!! Not much else new except that both the boys slept all night for the first time ever!!!!! So, mommy is very well rested and a bit in shock!! That's all for now.

Trip to Quincy.
2/2/08

Today Matt and I took the boys (and mostly ourselves) on a road trip to Quincy. We had been told that was were the nearest Kohl's and Old Navy were...which was true, however there is not much else there. They do have a small shopping mall that took us all of 5 minutes to walk from one end to the other. But, they had a Bergner's so I got the makeup I needed. Matt's boss had told him about a pizza place & play place called Bonker's...we tried to go there but it was soooo packed we walked right back out to the car and went to Fazoli's instead. It was nice to get out and about and the drive wasn't bad at all. It takes exactly an hour from our house. The boys enjoyed being out and seeing the different people. We took them to a pet store to see the fish and puppies (Daddy & Chase looked at the snakes & iguanas too). It was a nice change of pace...and Rascal was glad to see us when we got home.

New Beginnings.
2/1/08

Matt - Started his new job on Tuesday, January 22nd. He seems to be enjoying his new work and says he is working with some great people...however, there is only one other guy at his branch and he's very young. He talks mostly about Jody and Shelly. I've met them a couple of times and they are so kind...they are moms too, so they've been giving us advice daycares, etc...Chase - Had a rough time for the first few days. He was very scared at nights and would freak out if daddy wasn't in sight. He seems to have settled back into a routine, sleeping all night, and taking at least 2 hour naps. He definitely knows this is home now. He's master climbing the stairs, both directions and knows the difference between up and down stairs. He's doing lots better with understanding what yes and no mean. Also, trying to repeat everything we say...He struggles with some sounds, but most kids do at this age. He has also started giving mommy more hugs, kisses, and snuggles.Peyton - Has 5 teeth and more on the way...which he loves to show off through his smile. He is currently a bit sick...he has thrush which is not so much fun for him. He only fusses for a little bit - the little guy even smiles when he has fever. He is walking fairly well now...it's very wobbly, but he can even turn corners and stands up without using furniture to pull up on. He's actually trying to talk a bit. Most of you know that his first word was boo...he has been trying to say juice and book...and we have nicknamed him Linis because he MUST have his blankie in his hands or at least in sight at all times.Laura - Well...I was sick for 4 days right after we got here so things didn't go quite as planned. We didn't get to go shopping and out to eat for Chase's birthday and didn't get to check out the church we're hoping is going to fit us. So, I finally got together a birthday party for Tuesday night this week - which was very fun. And, hopefully we'll make it to church this Sunday. I had a visitor yesterday, Mindy, from The Crossing (church we hope to go to)...she brought cookies and told me that there is a Mommy & Me play groud that meets at the church every other Monday at the church...they even have indoor playground equipment!! We're definitely going to check that out. We are also planning on joining the YMCA. There's a nursery service provided at the gym so Matt and I can workout together or take classes...they also have classes that I can take and bring the babies with me. Anyway...things are going rather well and we're enjoying our new home...now, if we could just sell the old one! We love and miss you!

No comments: