The other day Matt, the kids and I were at Walmart getting Daddy's haircut when someone he knows stops to talk to us. She kept going on and on about how cute Peyton was and then abrubtly says to me...did you adopt him or is he just yours?? Bells and whistles started going off in my head like from a cartoon. And I wanted to scream...so did your mother teach you manners or did you forget how to use them?!!!!!! Instead I smiled and said, Yes, he is adopted. We adopted him from Guatemala. Then she shifted her attention back Peyton and made yet another comment about how cute he was and then said quickly...they both are so cute...like she realized all of the sudden what she was doing.
We've been faced with some similar instances but none has struck a nerve with me like this particular incident. It's just that it was so painfully obvious what her mentality was...so, I've decided to pray for this person that her heart, mind, and soul will see equality as it's meant to be and maybe learn how to be a bit more polite. Curiosity is one thing...
Anyway...thanks for letting me get this out and now that I've "written" it...I'm done with it.
Love,

6 comments:
The things people say amaze me. Good girl for setting a good example for your boys...as hard as it is sometimes.
i think your boys are EQUALLY beautiful!!!
Ugh, that's so obnoxious! But it sounds like you handled it very gracefully and set a great example for your boys!
Hi, you probably do not know me, but I recently read your blog from a friends.. you prob. know my husband which graduated from ND... Anyways, I was wondering about your photography that you do.. I love taking pictutes as a little hobby/sidejob.. but am also a stay at home mommy.. I loved the pics. you did of the boys and noticed they were inside and had some questions about your lighting and backgrounds... my email is abkn1@yahoo.com if you didn't care to answer a couple of questions I would be grateful if you would send me your email.. I look forward to hearing back.. thanks sooo much.
Bless your heart for praying for this person. God can change her views.
as Stephy from FULL HOUSE would say "How Rude"! But obviously God used your spirit to reach out to her and pray for her. I'm sure they are doing high-5's in Heaven for your Christ like behavior! And by the way your boys are just absolutely adorable!!
Post a Comment