Bryce - Peyton - Logan - Chase

Bathing Boys taking a bath after a hard day of playing on the farm. (Bryce & Logan are Stephanie's, the boys' first cousins).

Visitors Since March 2008

Monday, January 19, 2009

Mommy's Physical

With all this changing in diet and exercise, I decided it was best to go to the doctor's office for a physical. We talked extensively as he is my new doctor here in Keokuk (also is the boy's pedatrician). He told me to stick to the Weight Watcher's plan and kick up the exercise a notch-as in, I need to be exercising everyday for 30 minutes in the beginning and ultimately spending 200 minutes a week in cardio alone (yeah-this does not include circuit training on the weights). He mentioned that this was particularly important because my blood pressure was high-booo!!! He said that if I hadn't already started a weight loss and exercise program, he would have put me on one and given me a prescription for the HBP! WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!!!! He drew my blood for a complete physical and I should have those results tomorrow. I have also been dealing with some hearing difficulties in my right ear and had been hoping it was ear wax build up-alas, it was not. I'm scheduled to see an ENT next Tuesday for hearing tests. I had a bout of stomach flu Friday night but seem to have recovered and not over ate or used too many of my points. So, I'm feeling pretty good about this week's success as well. We weigh in tomorrow night and if the doctor's scales are in sync with the WW scales...I have lost another 3 pounds!! Yeah me! I told Matt that I'm starting to get my confidence back already and he said he can tell!!!

Anyway...things are going well here. It's cold just like everywhere else in the midwest right now. We do have snow but not much. The boys are great. We checked out a new church yesterday-we'll just have to see...the boys enjoyed it and did great with the other kids as usual. Matt's lost 10 pounds following his own little "wacky" diet and working out!! Oh-and Chase & Peyton are officially the same height! So funny and cute! They are both trying to put together sentences and can tell some very windy stories!!

That's all for now...keep those prayers coming!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey for loosing another 3lbs. I need to weigh myself and see if I have dropped more. I will say a prayer for ya on the others. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great work you are doing! Motivating to work out is HARD!