1. Aerobic exercise 4-5 times a week for 20-30 minutes (Dr. Lee says do it everyday)
2. Lose weight (even losing 10 pounds will reduce the risk of heart disease)
3. Elminate Trans Fatty Acids
4. Increase Monosaturated fats (canola, avocado, and olive oils-these do not harden)
5. Increase Soluble Fiber (oats, fruits, and veggies)
6. Increase Omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish)
7. Alcohol (1 1/2 oz. per day for a woman)
8. Reduce Sodium (also good for that high blood pressure mentioned yesterday)
9. Specific foods that can increase HDL: cranberry juice, nuts, flax seed, and green peas)
I also discovered that I am at an increased risk for heart attack due to menopause. My obesity has also led to the early signs of osteoarthritis of which there is no cure once the process has started, however again will improve with weightloss and exercise.
I must say I have never felt an "urgency" to accomplish something more strong than this goal of healthy eating and weight loss. I have finally realized the necessity of getting into shape. Basically I've been cheating Matt and the boys out of a wife and mother by allowing myself to get into this mess. Now Mommy just needs to "bottle this urgency" and use it when the going gets tough...because this is going to take a long time, lots of hard work, and serious dedication.
Thank you all for being patient with me as I travel down the road to new found health and for the major lack in new photos of the boys. I've been so focused on me that I've slacked off on updates on the boys...once I can get passed the learning curve and develop a regular schedule, I'll get back on track with updates.
With all my love,

1 comment:
We need to hold each other accountable! I had my yearly check up and random blood work just to check on things and my cholesterol levels are just above the high side of normal. So I need to start the exercising and weight loss thing too! I just haven't gotten motivated..and being snowed in with the kids for a week hasn't helped either!! It sounds like you are doing awesome though! Keep it up you inspire me!
Post a Comment