Bryce - Peyton - Logan - Chase

Bathing Boys taking a bath after a hard day of playing on the farm. (Bryce & Logan are Stephanie's, the boys' first cousins).

Visitors Since March 2008

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Talk Radio, A Job Possibility, & the Library

I've been listening to some talk radio on the internet...Aunt Linda (from Ohio) told me about it...they've got some great topics and she referred me to this one because they were talking about "thriving as an adoptive family (which is actually the title of a new book)." I can't wait to go through some of their archives because last year that had several shows on orphans, fostering, adopting, etc...

Anyway, I listened to the first one today and there was a scripture reference that really struck me profoundly!

James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

There is so much meaning in that one sentence. God wants us to be selfless, to take care of those who would otherwise have no help and by doing that, we will be focused less on ourselves and more on others...and I believe that if we do those things to the best of our abilities that it will keep us focused on what is important and we can "keep out" the pollution (for me, material things)! Just wanted to share.

Please be in prayer for our family as we attempt to follow God's urging toward fostering children. Our first meeting is April 13th and we're getting fingerprinted this week.

Also, I ran across a job add for a Children's & Parent's Service Coordinator through a community support provider here in Keokuk. The job is a supervisory position for those working with mentally & developmentally challenged children and parents. I was immediately drawn to this. I have applied and am being as prayerfully responsible as possible...if this is a right fit for all, God will make a way!

The boys and I went to preschool story hour at the library this morning...they read 3 books, watched a short video, and had crafts before some playtime. Here's a couple of pictures...

Playing with the trains

Playing with Legos! Chase loves to build!

No comments: