Bryce - Peyton - Logan - Chase

Bathing Boys taking a bath after a hard day of playing on the farm. (Bryce & Logan are Stephanie's, the boys' first cousins).

Visitors Since March 2008

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Great Grandparents

We said goodbye to our visitors this morning. The boys great grandparents (and my grandparents that are GREAT) came for a visit on Thursday afternoon. They left us this morning to go back to Indiana. We had a nice visit...can you believe I forgot to get my camera out??!! We went for pizza Thursday night at Aurelio's which was (as always) tasty and I think they enjoyed seeing it because the know the parents (Dr. & Mrs. Foster) of the owners. Friday morning Matt headed to work around 7 and we all left for Keokuk around 9:00. We drove along Grand Ave. & Rand Park so they could see the spectacular homes with the Mighty Mississippi River views! We stopped briefly at Rand Park to enjoy the view and then we drove around the rest of the town so they could check things out a bit. We had lunch at Burger King so the boys could play on the playground and burn off some energy. Then we headed to our new house. Our realtor met us there so I could show it to Gramma and Grampa and get some measurements. It was the first time the boys had been in the house so I told them it was our new house and showed them their room--not that they will remember. It was a beautiful day. We got back to Macomb in the early afternoon and I fixed pork roast, potatoes, carrots, gravy...and homemade blackberry pie and ice cream for dessert. It's my favorite meal that Gramma taught me how to make and I know it's one of their favorites too. Chase and Peyton LOVED the pie! They both said...oooooo, mmmm, pie. Tant to mommy! Music to a mommy's ears. Well, it's time for the boys to get up from their nap. Matt has gone hunting (keep your fingers crossed) and the boys and I are going to go shopping in Quincy. We need some fall clothes!

No comments: