
The house was built in 1900 and has the original slate roof so that's why there is discoloration on it...but it is structurally sound and the color just adds to the character. It obviously needs some landscaping that we'll work on in the spring.

One of the things I was saddest about "losing" in the other house was the built-in china cabinet...well here we have a built in buffet with beautiful stained glass windows above it (bet you can appreciate that Carla!!). There are also some leaded glass windows at the front of the house!

The back of the house has a nice covered porch with an added covered patio and a brand new privacy fence...we'll have to close off the yard from the carports hopefully before winter sets in so Rascal can have the run of the yard! Can't you just picture a jungle gym in that yard??
This is the entrance to...
the Secret "Hide-out" of the Raber Boys! This room is accessible through the above door which is inside their bedroom!!
This house is truly a diamond in the rough and we are so excited that we get to be part of the history of this amazing home. It needs some work but the work the current owners have done is just beautiful. The kitchen needs a complete remodel that we're hoping to do in about a year...hopefully I can get by until then! Thanks for sharing in our excitement! Guess I need to learn how to build a fire, huh?

2 comments:
How cool is that! A secret hideout for your boys! And extra cool that is off their bedroom..so you can just pull the door down!! I LOVE old houses too especially the character of the built-ins and windows. Leaded glass is just amazing too! Don't you just wish the walls could talk from when it was first built! Happy Moving!!
Oh, guys, it looks awesome. I couldn't believe it was better than the first, but looks like a gem!
PS I knew you could use Blurb, I'll be calling...
Post a Comment